Let’s be honest here, who here has not heard about TikTok? It is a well-known platform that showcases short, cute, comedic videos and dances and it is immensely popular with the younger demographic. However, TikTok is also the fastest growing social media platform with over 1.1 billion active users globally and has one of the highest engagement rates.
As a business owner, it is overwhelming to think which social media platforms (with so many to choose from) should be part of your marketing plan. Bear in mind with over 1 billion users, it is guaranteed at least some of those people are also considered to be part of your business’s target audience.
Here are some tips on the types of content you can use for your TikTok marketing:
- Introduction – Start off by introducing yourself.
- Meet the team – Let your audience get up close and personal with the people or the team behind your business operations.
- A day in the life – Give previews or short glimpses of what goes on in your everyday day-to-day life.
- Behind the scenes videos are popular on Tiktok and people love seeing videos of workspaces or even tips on how you would organize your own workspace.
- If you are a product-based business, a how-to video is a fantastic way to showcase your product without being too ‘salesy’.
- For service-based businesses, you can always highlight your most requested service and showcase how they would benefit potential clients.
Educational content does well on TikTok, it not only shows your expertise, but it will also help inspire others as well. You can create short videos based on the following questions below.
How did you start your business?
What did you wish you knew before you even started?
What challenges have you faced as a business owner?
- Tools/Apps you found that have been beneficial in handling your business?
Most B2B and B2C types of businesses are hesitant to use TikTok as part of their social media marketing, with the assumption that this is a platform filled with Gen Z. However according to statista.com, as of March 2021, there has been a surge of users aged between 30-49 years on the platform itself.
There could not be a better time to invest in a video strategy that boosts brand presence and drive meaningful traffic to your website.
Hashtaqs is able to help implement effective social media strategies that accelerates and drives business growth through our customised solutions to meet your branding needs.
Our consultancy work is supportable with the funding scheme of up to 80% for local SG businesses. Contact us for a consultation at +65 8868 1418 or email us at [email protected]. For more info, visit www.hashtaqs.com.