Virtual HASH Asia Summit 2020
Harnessing Transformation Together: Virtual HASH Asia Summit 2020 was a success!
We recently had an inspiring and fruitful 2 day Virtual HASH Asia Summit 2020 event on the 17th – 18th June 2020 with our Founder and Managing Director, Renee Tan, our list of guest speakers which includes,
- Daniel Ang, Mediacorp actor & Instagram Influencer
together with a close number of 100 over attendees online, sharing and network on different business strategies to survive, thrive and grow during this uncertain pandemic season. The many event highlights for both days are as follows:
We started day 1 at 12pm sharp with an opening remark by our Founder and Managing Director, Renee Tan where she had greeted our fellow attendees for the day and summarised the need and reason behind organising Virtual HASH Asia Summit 20
After which, the event kicked off with sharing from our list of guest speakers and a live Q&A session with the attendees from:
· Carlos Alimurung on ‘Revolution of the entertainment & E-sports industry: Past, present, future’ Where he shared about the many challenges faced as well as the future of the E-sports industry in Asia.
· Giden Lim on Survival of the fittest: What’s next for brick-and-motar retailers? Where he shared about how to build a scalable business model for traditional businesses and what makes an e-commerce platform successful.
· Chan Hsien Hung on Preparing for the rebound: Strategies to overcome business disruption and generate stable digital supply networks. Where he shared about overcoming supply chain risk and disruption during the pandemic season as well as how to transform traditional supply chain businesses to meet demands effectively.
· Aditi Balbir on Evolve or Dissolve: Developing out-of-the box business and digital strategies for the tourism and travel sector to survive and thrive. Where she has touched on adapting and creating innovative marketing ideas to drive post-pandemic sales and uncovering different opportunities in travel tech and digitalising the tourism industry.
· Jeffrey Paine on Preparing for the worst in the looming recession: Implementing effective capital raising & business strategies to overcome adversity. Where he explained about uncovering challenges and opportunities in a fast pace start-up world and tapping into alternative sources of revenues to cope with losses from disruptions.
· Nim Sivarkumaran on Adapting to the changing work landscape due to the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions. Where he addressed about re-purposing physical offices for the new generation working professionals and how to develop creative team bonding and collaboration activities to enhance positive work culture.
· Daniel Ang on Discovering the wonders of social commerce and the works of influencers. Where he touched on improving customer engagement online through social commerce to increase sales and understanding the pros and cons of influencer marketing for B2B as well as B2C businesses.
We then ended the day with a closing remark from our Founder and Managing Director, Renee Tan after which was followed by a quick Cocktail Networking session for all the Standard pass holders. This was like a speed dating session, where attendees are randomly matched on the mobile app called RunTheWorld with different people for a quick chat up or any potential business opportunity collaboration. This was then proceeded with our VIP Networking session for all Premium Pass holders on Zoom, where we were joined by our guest speakers, Nim Sivakumaran and Chan Hsien Hung to discussed about the different challenges that were facing, the many ways to survive during this period and what were some of things that they were doing differently during this time in their own respective businesses and trade.
We started day 2 at 12pm sharp with an opening remark by our Founder and Managing Director, Renee Tan. After which, the day kicked off with sharing from our list of guest speakers and a live Q&A session with the attendees from:
· Yeoh Chen Chow on Revolutionising the retail industry to go digital to improve sales outcome during Covid-19. Where he discussed about leveraging on digital marketplaces to increase market outreach, what are the challenges and opportunity for the Retail industry during this new landscape and improving customer engagement online through digital perks to increase retention.
· Ganesh Kumar Bangah on The Go-to-Market revolution that accelerates business growth through tech enablement. Where he shared about the consumer’s purchasing behaviour during the Covid-19 outbreak and the future for start-ups and the retail industry post pandemic season.
· Jenn Low on Unfashionable norms: Challenging the unknown in the unpredictable landscape for non-essential goods. Where she discussed about building a brand story that aligns with the new generation customers, exploring new norms of marketing and engagement during and post Covid-19 season and overcoming production, warehousing and supply chain challenges to meet customer demands for a global market.
· Lennise Ng on Crisis and opportunity: Accelerating digital transformation and brand exposure of B2B businesses through technology. Where she touched on maximising ROI by digitally enabling businesses to analyse customer purchasing behaviour, exploring new technology frontiers for B2B to accelerate sales and adjusting to new business norms for increase productivity.
· Azmi Said on Overcoming adversity & lockdown measures to obtain positive business outcome. Where he shared about changing business norms post Covid-19 Pandemic and exploring collaboration between government and industry to support SMEs during and post pandemic.
· Joshua Chiam on Engaging with new generation consumers through E-entertainment. Where he discussed about building a personal brand that sells, commercialising media content through community building and influencing the target market through leveraging on social Influencing that are feasible for businesses.
· Terence Ting on Transforming the future of gaming: E-sports, technology and community building. Where he touched on riding on the E-sports viewership boom and developing commercialisation models for E-sports businesses.
We then ended the day with a closing remark from our Founder and Managing Director, Renee Tan after which was followed by a quick Cocktail Networking session for all the Standard pass holders. After which, it was proceeded with our VIP Networking session for all Premium Pass holders on Zoom, where we were joined by our guest speakers, Joshua Chiam and Lennise Ng to discussed about what are the important things in which businesses or start-ups should be doing post pandemic season and their many insights as well knowledge in conducting businesses better.
Like us on Hashtaqs for more updates.
Visit www.hashtaqs.com for more info.
For queries regarding advisory/implementation in brand transformation, marketing and internationalisation, kindly contact us at +65 8868 1418 and email@example.com
About The Author